Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I feel really good about the progress I've made in this class. using my sketchbook as a tool has made me look at other artist, mainly Frank Frazetta for his style of naked women.. It is not only a pleasure to look but as well absorb his technique. The way he draws women (as beautiful and full bodied) inspires a kind of new sexuality in which I'd like to express through my own drawings. The pictures that I've already posted were drawn this past summer and when I drew each one I thought about how far I've come since I first decided to learn how to draw a female body. There has been an improvement on my style but i still keep it cartoony. Learning about values has made my drawings more in depth as I want my audience to feel like they could reach out and grab my drawings. ((((((I will be posting some Frank Frezetta))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment