Friday, October 8, 2010

Doing the night drawing was not enjoyable. I was certainly having a hard time. It's not that I don't understand the concept, it's a matter of execution. I found myself constantly moving around trying to find a composition that I could handle. There was a lot of erasing because starting over seemed like the thing to do. In fact that's how most of the homework for this class has been for me. Time is not a factor because I give myself plenty of time to knock out a drawing, it's just that the finished product is not so finished. So maybe I should spend even more time really trying to get on the paper what I see in the real world. In class I work at a nice pace but I guess when I do the homework I rush ((using that term lightly)). After trying to draw a house, tree, streetlights and garbage bins, I went with the two cars under the streetlamp. It seemed easy enough but it still needs a lot of work. xD

1 comment:

  1. Maybe, for challenging homework assignments, you should spend several days on, instead of doing it all at one time. I'm no expert, but I surmise that 1 1/2-2 hrs. is probably the quickest you can do a drawing in one sitting and do a decent job. I'm also going to try to follow my own advice here because it's not like I spend several days on a drawing either. Up until this landscape assignment, I usually ended up doing my drawing homework at the last minute, which was an awful experience each time. I'm serious about the time thing though; after all, time-management is a part of pacing, and Lord knows I have pacing issues. That's why I did the landscape at home two days ago, so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I don't know if Ira does here drawings in one sitting or not, but I'm pretty sure she spends more than 2 hrs. on some of them. You should check out her blog, it's beautiful (read the post about today's homework). Come on Trey, pick up the pace!

    ReplyDelete